Yes, I'm doing Top Ten {Tuesday} on Wednesday afternoon. That alone should tell you how the week's going. Yes, I know it's only Wednesday, so I shouldn't call this Highlights and Lowlights of the week, but I'm hoping that the rest of the week will be even keel, uneventful, and uninteresting...A girl can hope, can't she?
Let's just jump in here...
- Travis got home at the end of last week and got to go to church with us. Love it when that happens. Total Highlight.
- Neighbors starting setting off fireworks at 7:30 Sunday evening. They were still at it at 1 AM. Monday morning, we found our driveway and yard littered with firework bits. As well as a few on our porch and on the roof of our house. Not so much of a highlight.
- Travis had Monday off. We relaxed, I slept in, he cooked, we went swimming.Big highlight.
- Tuesday I dropped the kids off at play group and they both went happily. Highlight.
- I drove directly from dropping them off to an appointment with my new OB/GYN. Got lost, was late, ornery and flustered. Not a highlight. I got to have an internal exam at my appointment. I wasn't expecting an internal exam. I was expecting blood work....I'm going to get my legs waxed, so I've been growing my leg hair out (it has to be at least 1/4 inch long. Do you know how long 1/4 inch is in leg hair terms? Do you know how long it takes to get it that long? Do you know how difficult that is in July in Houston? I didn't. Now I do). I got to have an internal exam with my new OB with ridiculously hairy legs. Soooo not a highlight.
- I drove straight from that appointment to pick up the kids, and take them to the dentist for check ups. No cavities, and Jared didn't bite anyone this time. Highlight.
- Spent the afternoon visiting with a friend. Total highlight.
- Wednesday went to the park with the kids and some friends. Got to talk to grown ups and didn't have to mediate between fighting kids. Highlight. Almost got carried away by vulture-sized mosquitoes. Not so much of a highlight, but worth it.
- Went to the dentist for my own check up. ugh....I'd pick going back to the OB with hairy legs over this one.
- Finally time to be home, relaxing, emailing, blogging, preparing for my Brushes class tonight. Big highlight. :D

I especially liked #7!
ReplyDelete