At the end of each year, instead of having a big Awards Assembly, each class has a Celebration of Learning party. The kids get awards, they read something they've written or preform as a class, and everyone gets to hang out and relax for a little while.
Jared has loved having Mrs. Adams for his teacher this year. He has learned a lot and really enjoyed school. His reading has improved immensely. He was given a "Voracious Vocabulary Award" (I think it's a nice way to say he talks a lot?) and a "Mr. Goodbar Award" for being a good friend and all around good kid.
He says when he grows up he wants to own his own restaurant.
Last year Megan had a wonderful student teacher. She got hired to teach 3rd grade, and Megan was in her class again this year. So really, she's had Mrs. Halbot for two years now. It's been a wonderful school year and Megan has done so well. She has improved all around, but she's really flourished the most in math and art. (One she gets from her dad, the other from me. I'll let you guess which one. ;) She got awards for both.).
She says that she wants to be an elementary school teacher or an art teacher when she grows up.
I'm super proud of both of my big kids and I'm excited to see what the future holds for them.
Monday, June 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment