I've been trying to write about Mother's Day for quite a while, but the words just aren't coming. Over all, it was a very nice day. My favorite part was listening to Travis and Megan make breakfast while I got ready for church. I love my sweetie. Watching him interact with the kids is one of the things that makes me the very happiest. He taught Megan to make scrambled eggs. She was so proud of herself. Soon, she can take over the cooking. :D
I was asked to sing with a group of moms and daughters during church. We sang a song that I was previously unfamiliar with, called "As Mothers, As Daughters of Heavenly Father" by Janice Kapp Perry and John V. Pearson. It's beautiful, and I almost made it through without crying. Almost. One line in the middle of the third verse just about made me fall apart. "Tears for the grief only sisters can share." I am so grateful for my sisters, for the wonderful women that they are, for the joys and grief that we share. I wouldn't be the person I am without them in my life, and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for giving them to me. Alison, Kristin, Eleanor, Charlotte, I think you are amazing and I'm glad we are sisters.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment