Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Journaling Class at Scrap Girls

I am excited to have another class in the store! I've taught this one a couple of times, but I'm looking forward to teaching it again because I feel so passionate about the importance of journaling. People ask me why I scrapbook, and really it's because I love to tell stories. I love to record stories. Making pretty pages is nice, combining beautiful supplies and cool techniques is nice, but in reality, the only important things are that you 1. Preserve the pictures, and 2. Preserve the stories. Journaling is a great way to keep stories and memories from being forgotten. Pictures aren't enough.

One of my favorite quotes:  
In a thousand words I can have the Lord's Prayer, the 23rd Psalm, the Hippocratic Oath, a sonnet by  Shakespeare, the Preamble to the Constitution, Lincoln's Gettysburg Address and almost all of the Boy Scout Oath. Now exactly what picture were you planning to trade for all that?
~Roy H. Williams




This layout uses all Scrap Girls products:
Zac and Sarah Collection Biggie
ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Basic Shadows 6501 
Brush Set: Grungelle

No comments:

Post a Comment