Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Top Ten {Tuesday}: Things I LOVE (or don't love) about living in Houston

Things I love about living in Houston:
1. Our church. I really feel apart of things, people have been so welcoming and inclusive here. I've never felt that before. It feels like we are part of a church family.
2. Making several great friends. I haven't had friends like this since high school. I think it's because before moving here, I always lived close to family, so I didn't feel the need to make friends. I miss my family, but I love having friends to do stuff with, to commiserate with, to chat on the phone about nothing in particular.
3. The summer rainstorms (unless I have to drive someplace). Rainstorms here are unlike anything I've ever experienced. It's amazing to me how quickly a storm can start, how hard it can rain, and how fast it clears up. Actually, let's just say the weather in general. I love the mild weather for three seasons out of the year. It totally makes the summer bearable. And summer can be spent in the pool, so it's pretty pleasant as well. (knowing I won't ever have to shovel snow helps too!)
4. Fresh tortillas. Yummy-yummy-yummy. Hot and soft and fabulous, made and packaged right before your eyes in the regular grocery store. I'll never go back to regular tortillas.
5. The fresh produce that you can get almost year round here.

Things I could do without:
6. Being so far from family. I miss spending time with them, going to family events, etc.
7. The bugs - especially the fire ants. And the cockroaches. Ugh.
8. The temperatures never cool down at night
9. Having to mow the lawn almost year round.
10. The humidity. Sometimes I think I'm going to melt

Top Ten {Tuesday} 
You can find lots of other fun Top Ten {Tuesday} lists at www.ohamanda.com

2 comments:

  1. I love that one of your top things is tortillas. Yum. You're making me hungry! Thanks so much for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have to agree with Amanda; those tortillas sound soooooo good! :) And yes, the hardest part about where I live is missing my family too.

    ReplyDelete