Megan really wanted to go to a local ceramic and plaster shop while Grandma and Grandpa were visiting. Since this was the first time we have done anything like this, it was quite a big adventure. I wasn't sure what to expect, taking two kids into a small building filled floor to ceiling with breakable items, and to turn them loose with paint palettes. It was so much fun! We can hardly wait to go there again.
 |
| Megan chose to paint a ceramic bunny. She was so excited to learn about ceramic paints, and to watch them mix the colors for her. It was hard to leave her bunny for firing, but it was exciting to come back and pick it up later when the colors were darker and glossy! |
 |
| Jared chose to paint a plaster pumpkin decoration. He's had it displayed on his dresser since we brought it home, and he's anxiously waiting for the day we get to hang it up with the rest of the Halloween decorations. |
 |
| Travis got in on the action as well. He painted a really cool pitcher a dark blue that matches our regular dishes (which I love). The pitcher makes a beautiful vase on the kitchen table! |
|
That looks like so much fun! I think we'll have to try it once Lily's old enough to handle paint... or when I'm crazy enough to deal with the mess :)
ReplyDelete