Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What I'm Thinking About Wednesday

Sister Morris shared this quote on Sunday:

"The church is not a place where perfect people gather to say perfect things, or have perfect thoughts, or have perfect feelings. The Church is a place where imperfect people gather to provide encouragement, support, and service to each other as we press on in our journey to return to our Heavenly Father."
— Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

What a comforting thought. The church isn't for perfect people. The gospel isn't for perfect people. It's for people just like me, who screw up sometimes. People who fall short. Who have typos on their handouts, who tell people the wrong times for activities. Who unthinkingly and unintentionally offend other people. Who procrastinate. Who are lazy. Who are careless and forgetful and impatient. Who struggle with their faith, with their testimony, with their relationships. Who complain.

Even with all of this, the Lord still loves me. And I can still contribute. It's not an excuse to be lazy, to remain where I am right now. It's the courage to stand up after I fail and fall and to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment