I can't believe just how quickly the days have passed! Katelyn is two weeks old today, but it seems like just yesterday I was still pregnant and whale-like. Before Megan was born, I would hear people talk about how each baby has it's own personality, it's own likes and dislikes, but I didn't really believe it. I figured that all babies were the same until they got to toddler-hood. Now I know better. One of my favorite parts of having a new baby is getting to discover just what he or she likes.Each one is unique. Megan had a fussy time, every night around 6 pm for an hour or so. Jared never cried unless he was hungry (which was a LOT, lol). Megan loved the swing. Jared hated it. Megan loved to be swaddled up like a little burrito. Jared wanted to be free to kick and move around. Both of them wanted their pacifiers all the time. Megan spit up everything (actually, I think she gagged on everything). Jared rarely spit up at all. Megan didn't like to cuddle - she wanted to be turned around, watching what was going on, even while eating.
It's been fun to figure out what Katelyn likes and doesn't like. She doesn't mind being swaddled or not. She will take a pacifier when she is starving, but not at any other time. And, she won't take the kind of pacifier that both Megan and Jared loved at all. She likes the blue, round kind that they gave her in the hospital. She loves the swing. She doesn't like being left alone, even at this young age. She wants to be close to people - you don't even have to hold her, just stay close (Jared loves having the job of sitting by her). She is a good eater and doesn't spit up much. She really only cries if she is hungry or needs to burp. She is pretty mellow, letting her sister and brother hold her and feed her and burp her. She loves the bath (but not the getting out part). She is starting to get her days and nights straightened out.
We are really enjoying having her home with us. The kids are so excited to be a part of helping care for her, and they can't wait until she's big enough to play with. Actually, Jared has decided not to wait until she is big enough. The other day, he was playing Star Wars (alternating between being Hans Solo and Luke Skywalker) and she was Princess Leia. He kept busy fighting off imaginary Storm Troopers with his blaster and light saber, keeping the Princess safe.
Friday, June 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





It is fun getting to know them huh! Thanks for reminding me what I get to look forward to in a few months. I love that first pic...who took it?
ReplyDeleteAww, thanks! I took the first picture in a basket on the dinning room table by the window to get the natural light. Megan held up a big piece of black fabric to block out my messy house. :D
ReplyDelete