Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Washcloth Pockets
I've been meaning to post about these since I made them for the kids for Christmas (okay, so since I started them and messed them up and Charlotte finished them for the kids for Christmas. I'm so spoiled to have such a talented sister, aren't I?) but the days sort of got away from me.
I got the idea from this blog: http://www.notjustahousewife.net/2010/09/my-first-and-probably-my-last.html. Megan and Jared love, love, LOVE them and they really make bath time easier for everyone. No more dropping the bar of soap, no more trouble getting a lather worked up. Just good, clean fun in the tub.
I pretty much just followed Stacy's instructions from her blog post. I made two pockets (using one washcloth) before getting stumped with how to add the decorations to the front. Instead of a face, I wanted to use some cute premade appliques, but I couldn't figure out how to attach them. Charlotte sewed them onto the two pockets that I had already made, and then she made two more, sewing the appliques on BEFORE sewing the sides of the pockets closed. That was a whole lot easier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment