Thursday, June 2, 2011
Megan's Last Day of First Grade
Today was Megan's last day of First Grade. When I asked her how she felt about school being over, she said that she was both happy and sad. Happy that summer was starting, that she would have more time to play with friends, more time to spend with her new baby sister, not have to get up so early, and most importantly, NO HOMEWORK. Sad that she wouldn't see all of her school friends, and sad that she wouldn't be in Mrs. Kell's class any more.
I am so glad that she has had a great school year. She has gone from being able to sound out words/reading the sight-word list, to being a fluent and prolific reader. She LOVES to read - pretty much anything she can get her hands on. She has done so well in all of her other subjects as well. The biggest change that I've seen has been in her self confidence. She wants to do so many things, and she knows that she CAN do them. She isn't afraid to jump in and try.
The year has flown by. I can't believe how fast it's gone. It seems like only a little while ago we were just starting this year, and now it's over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment