Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Grateful Tuesday: August 16, 2011

So, Travis is getting on a plane today and flying across the ocean. He'll be gone for almost two weeks. He's traveled a lot in our marriage (although not so much recently), so you'd think I'd be used to it by now. But every time he leaves, it takes me a few days to find my feet. I rely on him for so many things. Today, as I prepare to take care of them in addition to my normal load, I am reminded again just how much I have to be grateful for.

I'm grateful to be married to someone who (in no particular order):
  1. married me in the temple.
  2. gets my sense of humor.
  3. makes amazing bread. And dinner. And cookies.
  4. is a fantastic dad.
  5. makes me want to be the best version of myself.
  6. supports me in what I want to do, and pushes me to use my talents.
  7. tells me how to spell words. Without rolling his eyes.
  8. tells me he loves me. Often.
  9. ...(you know what? this one is none of your business!)...
  10. calls me just to say hi.
  11. willingly takes one of the kids and goes grocery shopping.
  12. gets up with the baby.
  13. always makes sure I'm taken care of.
  14. opens my door for me (I forget to let him half the time, but I really do like it!)
  15. works incredibly hard to support our family.
  16. lets me put my cold feet on him.
I couldn't stop at 10 things today! I really hope the days fly by!

No comments:

Post a Comment