So yes, I know I typically post this on Tuesday. Or maybe on Wednesday. And I know that today is Friday. This week has totally gotten away from me. Sick kids, sick husband, life has been crazy. But I couldn't let this week go by without saying how thankful I am for my family. Today, particularly my sweet son.
Jared came home sick on Wednesday. He was feeling pretty yucky, climbed right into bed and slept the afternoon away. Yesterday he was feeling better, but still running a fever. School policy says that kids have to be fever free for 24 hours, so even though he is all better, I kept him home again today.
This afternoon, I was really tired, so after putting the baby down for a nap, I laid down as well. When I went to sleep, Jared was happily watching a TV show. When I woke up, the TV was off and the house was quiet. Jared was sitting in the recliner reading a book. I asked him what he had been doing while I slept. He said, "I made Megan's bed for her and folded her laundry because I wanted to do service. Service makes me think about Jesus and everything He did for us. Doing service makes me feel closer to Jesus." After that, he played with Kate, rocked her and fed her a bottle, and made my bed for me.
I am so grateful for Jared's example. And for his gentle reminder about the importance of service. (And yes, I took him to Ritters after Kate got up - that kind of behavior should be rewarded, don't you think?)
Friday, November 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment