I was so glad to be able to travel to Utah for the funeral. My sweet husband and wonderful friends took care of everything. In addition to going to the funeral, I got to spend time with two of my sisters, Grandma and Grandpa Greenland, Grandma and Grandpa Mansfield, and all of Travis's siblings. It was wonderful to see them all and I'm glad they re-arranged their schedules (I think meeting Kate might have something to do with that!).
I also got to see some beautiful fall foliage. The trees in Houston don't really change colors. The grass is still green and the flowers are still blooming, so it doesn't really feel like fall. But the trees were GORGEOUS in Orem. Everywhere we went I saw bright orange and red. And the light is just better in the fall. I don't know if it's the angle of the sun or what, but everything has a golden hue. Although Aunt Gertrude isn't here any more, I am grateful for my testimony of my Heavenly Father's plan. I now that families are eternal, and that someday I'll get to give her a giant hug.



No comments:
Post a Comment