This year for Halloween, Jared wanted to be a Jedi*. He was thrilled with the costume Travis got him. Megan wanted to be a Fairy-Ballerina**. She loved her poofy tutu I found for her. And Kate got to be a lion because that was the hand-me-down costume that fit. (And because she would be cute in pretty much anything.)
On Friday, we went to the church Trunk-or-Treat party. The kids had a lot of fun running around with their friends in their costumes.
Travis said he felt like Jack Hanna while holding her. :D
Then in Saturday, we went to a party with some friends. Jared was excited to dress up, but the rest of us were feeling kind of lame. After seeing all of the fun costumes people were wearing, I am TOTALLY dressing up next year. I haven't worn a costume in years, but I will next year. Heck, I'll even try to talk Travis into doing it with me. :D Even though we didn't dress up, we still had fun playing games, eating waaaaaay too much, and just hanging out.
Last night we had dinner and went trick-or-treating with the Thomas family because no one goes trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. Seriously. If you combined all three years, we've had maybe 10 people come. So we are neighborhood hopping. (Not that I have neighborhood envy or anything.)
All in all, although it isn't my favorite holiday***, its been fun.
*Although he was thrilled with the costume, he refused to carry the red light saber that he already owned (the costume didn't come with one). And Travis TOTALLY sided with him when I said it was ridiculous to buy a new light saber. And then, when I bought a green one, he told me that he really needed a blue one to go with that costume...but he consented to carry the green one (I think he knew I was close to losing it, lol). Did you know that different colored light sabers mean different things? Cuz I didn't.
**Actually, she wanted to be a Fairy-Ballarina-Mermaid-Princess. When her mermaid costume from a few years ago didn't fit, I made her simplify. I'm glad that Kate was satisfied with her costume...Or maybe she just couldn't express her displeasure...Sigh.
***I promise I haven't tried to skew my kids' opinion of Halloween, but about half way through the Trunk-or-Treat, Megan said to me, "So basically we get dressed up and walk around and beg for stuff? That's it? This is the stupidist holiday ever." And I was so proud.










No comments:
Post a Comment